How can I move around?
Move: click and drag your finger to move the map.
Zoom: pinch gesture
- Zoom in: place and hold 2 fingers on the screen and drag them apart
- Zoom out: place and hold 2 fingers on the screen and pull them together
Time: place your thumb on the timeline at the bottom of the screen and drag left/right to navigate the 16-day forecast, or the timestep buttons to the right of the timeline.
How can I use the interactive chart?
Hit the 3 horizontal lines in the top right of the chart view to open the map layers you can toggle between:
- Wave Height
- Wave Period
- Sea Temperature
Note: toggling between layers will not change the timestamp you're looking at.
A legend in the top left corner of the chart screen can be used to determine details.
How can I access a specific location forecast?
Position the crosshairs over your location of interest and hit View Forecast (center-bottom of app screen) to be taken to the classic Buoyweather Custom Location Forecast page.
How can I enter specific coordinates?
1. Head to the mobile website buoyweather.com and use these instructions to enter specific coordinates: How do I enter Lat/Lon values?
2. Then, save the spot as a favorite: Saving Favorite locations on the website
3. Then access the saved favorite from the app with the click of a button.